Monday, September 20, 2010

Measured Drawings


I love dimension strings.  The fondness probably began when I was very young and would see the house plans and elevations my father had drawn – with the story of a home stretched around, inside, above and below.  The interest in these powerful lines and numbers to inform, to manifest a future object followed me to my education where I watched talented design, architecture and landscape architecture students create beautiful images of imagined work.  I am old enough to have experienced my design education without the aid of computer programs.  Everything was on the board, with pencil scrubbed corners to emphasize important points and dimensions strings added to tell the story of width, depth, height.  I have, for a time, been trying to reconcile the idea of stories with the natural and built environment.  My ‘measured drawings’ intend to capture a thought, to deliver an idea or a moment in time.  I hope you enjoy ~ there will be more to come….

Don't Look Down
Things Sheltered Unseen



Window Panes
Take Note




No comments:

Post a Comment